SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uvascanyon

Wall / Screen Recommendation (Video)

uvascanyon
13 years ago

Thought it best to include a short video (less than 1 min) to show the situation here...

We live in a rural area, with few neighbors, yet have a desire to block the view beyond one side of our property, as marked by the dilapidated fence.

As hopefully seen, the space is fairly narrow and on an incline (yellow toe rope highlights the width). The soil contains a fair amount of clay.

We'd like to plant something starting near the telephone / utility pole, up to about the first caged tree (Asian pear).

I just removed a rather large Eucalyptus stump and with that finally gone, I'd like to plant something soon. Ideally, we'd like the selection to satisfy the below:

1. Fairly fast growing

2. Handle direct sun (6+ hours) and temps up to 120F

3. Handle temps down to 15F

4. Maintenance-free

Any recommendations?

I've heard much of pittosporums, but those would seem to need some grooming to control the width. Topping the list now is the Italian Cypress, but welcome other candidates...

I appreciate any feedback you all might have. Thanks much. If the video link does not work, copy / paste the below into a browser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQrxq54a94A

Here is a link that might be useful: Video showing where wall / screen is needed...

Comments (4)