SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladobe

2010 has been all zero's.

ladobe
13 years ago

Well folks, the good news is that camera that MissSherry pointed me to came today, and WOW! The test pictures I took with it (including macro's) are all better than any picture I ever got out of either my Canon S3 IS or Olympus C700UZ. And the Canon A495 was about 1/15th of what I have into them cost wise. Thanks again Sherry, you sure steered me right to a simple to use true point and shoot that gets the job done.

Now the bad news... doubt many forthcomming pictures will be of butterflies. I don't get out much anymore I realize. Just run a few errands a month when I'm up to it or go out and sit on my patio to enjoy the fresh air, sometimes for hours on end. But it's June 3rd, and so far this year I have not seen a single butterfly or moth, not a single bee or wasp, no hummingbirds, no song birds, not even any ants, flies, scorpions, tarantulas, or rattlesnakes. And all of my plants are still or have been in full bloom, some of them for two months. A friend down in AZ said it's been about the same for him, and our guess is the extremely unsettled and cold year we've both had so far. If the Vanessa cardui did migrate this year, none of them came past my place where usually at worst they string past afew at a time all day long for several days and at best are so thick they almost carpet the ground. Same with the Monarchs, 5 or 6 species of hummingbirds and a bunch of songbirds that I always see. There isn't even any mourning doves, and they live here year round.

Maybe some plant pictures will come from this new little camera anyway. How about a picture of my mail box? LOL

Larry

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus