SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadowboxer881

Adenium Obesum HELP!

shadowboxer881
17 years ago

Im not sure where to start. Okay, im in zone 7. I purchased my A. Obesum around august of last year, and it looked beautiful. I havent had more than 3 leaves at a time ever since, they always fall off. My apartment is kept at about 68 F all winter, and a few nights the window was left open in the fall, giving it just a little dry cool. Im not sure whether A. Obesum goes dormant like the other hybrids of Adenium, but i just want to know if my plan for this year will work.

Start introducing my obesum outdoors around april. Start giving her more water, and a low-nitrogen fertilizer.

Leave her in slightly shaded high-heat sun for about 10 hours a day, watering as if in a tropical climate. Leave her outside at the beginning of winter, just until the temp drops to 50 F or below. Then bring her back in to my 68 F apartment, cut back on the watering, and hope she goes dormant. Otherwise i dont know what to do during winter. I dont want to confuse the poor plant by giving it a week of cold, and then bringing her back in to a high-heat, low-light and dry environment. I need someone to sit down with me and help me draw up a game plan because i love my baby!

Please someone help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Kat

Comments (3)