SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coco_nut_gw

Pineapple Growing Question - Strange Occurance

coco-nut
11 years ago

I like growing pineapples. My favorite thing to grow. I planted a pineapple top as I normally do and strange enough two pineapple plants are growing from one top. I have been growing for years and a couple of years ago I noticed this happening to a few tops that I have planted but being lazy and busy I did not take care of the plants and they died out. I then this summer decided to plant some and take care of these plants this time. Well one of the two I planted the same thing happened, one top planted and two pineapple plants are starting to grow from that one top. The other top I planted I am not sure about because it's just got one plant growing and is about a month younger so only time will tell.

Do any of you who plant pineapples have this happen where one top will produce two plants? Like I say only a few years ago did I notice this happening but the plants never fruited due to neglect, this time this is happening I want to see it all the way through and see how the pineapples look. But prior to a few years ago this never happened, never but all of a sudden it's happening a lot. I wonder if these are tops from genetically engineered pineapples that's why the new plants from the tops are like this.

Thanks,

James

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions