SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

OT pond update..pix

daniellalell
16 years ago

I have been a busy lil bee and havent been able to get on here, I miss you all!! I still havent dug up my extension connecting my 2 main backyard beds..hopefully today, lol. I have been too busy tweaking the pond, fixing lil leaks in the waterfall etc. Had to change plans and add a lil stream bed under my frog log. And something decided to go for a dip in the pond this morn or last night. I thought i had a leak cuz the one pond was so low, then I saw the wet footprints, but couldnt tell what it was cuz they bled together.We are supposed to get rain tomorrow night, so I won't top it off with the hose today.So, here's some pix so far..by no means done!!

4-10, the 1st day...

{{gwi:223461}}

4-12

{{gwi:474043}}

4-13 Dug in the bio-filter and put some columbine in front of it so it will grow and hide my water outlet tube..need to find something evergreen, and this was NOT the water outlet I had intended..that will change as well.

{{gwi:474046}}

4-13 Red-backed Salamander from the trek in the woods, now living in a tank till we can put him in his new home..I found 4..no sign of frogs that day :(

{{gwi:474050}}

4-17 added some stork's bill by the frog log, but that got taken out..

{{gwi:236108}}

And this morning 4-19 at 7am..you can see the stork's bill is gone, and he rock streambed is in it's place..Will put some bareroot impatience in there or some kinda bare root water plant to cover up that tube. At least DH got me that clear tubing, and I didnt have to paint some PVC..that really woulda looked like crap, lol.

{{gwi:474055}}

{{gwi:223462}}

{{gwi:474061}}

Sooooo much more to do..A major work in progress..I put up an arch last night to walk through to get to he pond..DH got me an arbor, but I think I'm gonna put that on the walk to the front door. I need alot more plants for in and around the pond, and I have some spots picked out around the pond for where I will put some brugs.

I will post more pix as things progress..I'll have to have my son take a pic of me loungin by the pond, lol. Enjoying the fruits of my labor. The kids already tried to take over and moved their lil picnic table right in front of the pond, lol. I move it, they move it back. It's so nice to just sit there, listen to the water staring at everything dreaming about what else I am going to do. So, that's it & that's where I've been!! I see I missed alot on the forum, hopefully tonight I will have some time to catch up!!

Daniella

Daniella

Comments (16)