SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blutarski_gw

please hold my hand in re: adenium obesum

blutarski
14 years ago

Okay, I have a large-ish DR, that I continually stress over.

It had a scary repotting, but is doing fine now.

In fact, it's growing leaves and put forth two blooms. It might lose an older leaf or two each week.

It is in a very fast draining mix with just a little organic material. It sits in a sunny window at 75 degrees, with auxillary heat provided by my office's radiator.

the trunk is not rock hard, but is not squishy (no rot.) More like springy. One part of the trunk seems to be 'deflated' and is a bit sunken, but again not mushy.

I'm watering it every seven days, although I'm sure the entire pot is dry before then.

My question: would it be safe to water a little more frequently, say, every five days, or should I leave well enough alone?

On the one hand, I know you don't have much of a margin of error with overwatering. On the other, I don't want to slowly kill it with not enough moisture. (the other DR's I have are also in a growth period again, so I'm not sure if I should consider the big one in a 'dormant' stage, or start treating it differently.)

Quite frankly, I have too much of my self worth wrapped up in this plant to have it die :) What should I do?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider