SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
youreit

Ranting about strays

youreit
16 years ago

I'm pretty upset right now, because yesterday, a neighbor's bully cat got in the yard while Pook was partaking of her usual time out there, enjoying the shade and the sounds of nature. The other cat attacked her! I have to tell you, I LOVE animals, but I wouldn't mind killing that son of a.... Actually, I wouldn't mind hurting the owners, too.

This cat has been visiting for a while now, and every time, I've been able to scare it off with a quick trigger pull from my little air pistol (not aiming AT it, of course). I've heard it fighting with other cats (in their OWN yards) in the neighborhood. Well, Pook has been limping, off and on, since it happened last evening, and she's scared to go out in her own yard. I really think it's a pulled muscle, but if it doesn't get better in the next day or 2, I'll have to take her in. *sigh*

She's an older kitty (13), and she's not able to climb much of anything now, let alone the fence in the yard, so during the day, I let her out with and without me, to lie in the cool garden and nap. Another neighbor informed me that the bully cat is old, and the owners thought it was on it's last leg. Hmph, looks fine to me, being able to climb MY fence and beat up my cat! The owners are currently staying in a motel (no idea why), and they left their cat behind "until they can take it to the shelter." They left some food with a nice neighbor lady, but the cat will only come to the owners. The lady is going to try to reach them to come get it today.

SOOO, I'm thinking of putting some barbed wire along the fence posts, where the cats climb, or something to allow the birds to perch, but deter those cats.

Thanks for letting me vent! Pook is like my kid, and when something hurts her, I get very P.O.'d! :)

Brenda

Comments (8)