SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monkeybelle

Some general gardening questions

monkeybelle
11 years ago

Hello all, and welcome back!

It seems like every year I have some new obstacle to overcome. This year it is moles. My gardens look like swiss cheese. Does anyone have experience in repelling these creatures in a way that will not disturb plants or are toxic to curious dogs? I have a small yard-less than 1/4 acre-if that makes a difference. Do mole spikes really work? Are there any plants that would deter them?

Also have a tithonia question. I am growing some from seed but apparently didn't read the package well enough. They get to be 3 feet tall? That is...not what I was expecting! They're about 2' right now and still going. Do they take kindly to being transplanted or should I just leave them alone and 'live and learn'?

My butterfly weed re-seeded itself from last year, which I really appreciate since it is less work for me! However that means it is already in full bloom. How long will they continue to bloom for? Going by last year's experience, I won't really get much butterfly activity besides cabbage whites until mid-july, is there any way to prolong the bloom time?

Any thoughts are appreciated as this is only my second year butterfly gardening!

Sandy.

Comments (11)

Sponsored