SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdogmom

Just when you think it is over

tdogmom
16 years ago

Okay, I thought I was nearing the end of the massive frass & feed of the Monarchs, right? Three more days and the kiddies will be gone (school kids, that is) and I thought, "Whew! How did I manage to get through gazillions of caterpillars, report cards, mother-in-law, Hamlet, Chelsea's fleas, ...?"

What do you suppose I see flying above my head on Saturday? Hmm? What, I ask you?

{{gwi:481243}}

That's right! They landed on the Lipstick Hibiscus plant so I ran in and got my camera (unfortunately, I found that I had a corrupted memory card and this was the ONLY picture that came out).

Okay, now I am not complaining, mind you. You KNOW I love butterflies, right? I mean, I do, I do! But where in the heck are these butterflies coming from?

Well, like we've been saying all along...plant the Milkweed and they WILL find you! Yep, that's true!

Hubby and I were shaking our heads. We had SWORN that the last female was that raggedy one I had mentioned here the other day...I mean, I'd found one or two eggs (none were viable, but I expected THAT!)when all of a sudden, today there were FIVE brilliantly-coloured Monarchs in the yard and I found 72 eggs. My eyes are rolling already...

Oh, hubby saw one lone Gulf Frit lay one lone egg so perhaps the Gulf Frits are coming back as well. Looks like a busy summer in store for me! :)

Comments (8)

Sponsored