SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rialira

OT passiflora triloba

rialira
16 years ago

I posted this to the passiflora forum but it's usually really dead in there...

---

so a bunch of friends and I took a random road trip out to logee's about an hour east, and I picked up a passiflora triloba and a mandevilla "my fair lady."

it looks like a big heavy healthy vine. leaves are a bit speckled. it's a HUGE vine falling all over the place in a little 2 inch pot, so I repotted it and put it in a west facing window for now, and I figure I'll move it to the HUGE south glass slider door after letting it acclimate to its new pot for a few days. it's still WAY too cold to even think about taking it outside.

is there anything specific to triloba that I should know? any other advice would be appreciated.

oh, I also nicked a few growing tips from the huge miniata and alatocaerulea plants they had there... shhh. what's the best way to root them? I have them in a cup of water in an enclosed transparent makeshift dome (I took the top lid from a spindle of 100 dvds and punched two holes in it). I've never had good luck with rooting hormone and soil, and the ambient temperature in my house is about 60 degrees. any advice?

thanks!

---

hope no one minds the crosspost, hehe. just hoping someone here has some advice for me, since I trust the experts here more than anywhere else :)

Ria

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus