SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anmoonen

Spots on succulents, newbie needs help

anmoonen
12 years ago

Hi, I'm new here. Thanks in advance for any help anyone might have. I planted a bunch of succulents about a year ago in a planter on our front patio. The planter is made of wood & stucco and is attached to the house, it has a southwestern exposure. We don't get much rain here, and it can get hot, even in winter. It cools off at night, some nights can be quite cold, but never freezing.

I watered the succulents throughout the spring, summer and fall, a little bit more frequently in the beginning (2x a week), then tapered off as the winter started, when I watered once every couple of weeks if there was no rain. They did well, grew a lot and had no issues. But in the last few months, several of the plants have started showing spots. Some brown spots, some white spots, some just look pale, yellowish and listless, and some have odd shapes.

I would be so grateful if someone could look at the photos I posted on Photobucket and give me some idea of what might be going on and what I could do about it. I don't know if it's bugs, sunburn, not enough water, too much water, I just don't have a clue. Thanks in advance for any help you might have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of spots on plants

Comments (17)