SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaclv

You asked for it, Bob!

LisaCLV
17 years ago

Just to make you drool, hee hee hee! ;-)

First the disclaimer: none of these are available yet, but eventually, hopefully......

These are a couple from a cross I made with 'Intermedia Rubra':

{{gwi:487975}}

{{gwi:487976}}

Then there's a couple using one of John Arden's hybrids ('Red Chestnut' x 'Sunspot') as a parent. This one I call 'Kona Coffee':

{{gwi:487977}}

And this one I don't have a name for yet, but I'll have to come up with one 'cause it's a keeper!

{{gwi:487978}}

And then I had one super grex that gave me all of these and more:

{{gwi:487981}}

{{gwi:487983}}

{{gwi:487985}}

{{gwi:487987}}

{{gwi:487990}}

There were actually 8 or 9 really nice clones in that batch, so I was really happy about that. Haven't got names yet because I wanted to have some kind of a connecting theme with ones in the same grex, and I'm just not coming up with anything yet. One of them (I think it's that first glossy one) has a halfway decent flower too, at least for a foliage type. Just a single tall spike, but a fairly glossy dark red. You never expect much flowerwise when you're going for leaf markings, but I still think it can be done. My main goal, though, is to make some that rival the Neos in foliage color.

I just wish Vrieseas weren't so darn slow. Neos and Bills etc. are so much faster that I tend to stick with them because it's just easier, but looking at these now the cogs in my fevered little brain are starting to turn again............ uh oh, look out!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone
More Discussions