SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedmama

OT-Ice storm planned new shade beds for me

seedmama
16 years ago

I'm back online following 5 days with no power and a few days to play catch up on critical matters. I've made a conscious decision not to whine about being without power. It was tough, but thanks to the good planning of my great husband we did not have to evacuate to a shelter, and we were certainly more comfortable than most.

The number of downed trees is overwhelming. Just looking out the window I can count 30 lost trees. That is without walking the rest of my property. We had planned to thin out weak trees next spring to expand shade beds, so I'm trying to think of this mess as a helping hand, that decisions have been made on my behalf, and all I have to do is the work. I've reminded hubby we have no damage to our home and that is huge thing to be grateful for.

It looks like a tornado hit. I've been working on my sowing plan since June, so I could hit the ground running at solstice. It's not going to happen. The days without power wiped out holiday preparation time and I'd feel really guilty joyfully sowing my precious seeds and leaving hubby to clean up by himself.

I keep reminding myself that we are so much more fortunate than others affected by the ice storm and that I must think of this as an opportunity for something better. However, the enormity of the job ahead, in addition to the loss of so many trees, has really hit me hard today and I find myself feeling lower than low.

Bottom line, friends, I'm fishing for words of encouragement from the great positive thinkers on this forum. Maybe even a small dose of sympathy, but not too much because I don't like feeling sorry for myself. I just need a garden chiropractor to give me an attitude adjustment. Anybody?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH