SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joscience

One *great* reason to join your local club!

joscience
15 years ago

Woody Minnich of Cactus Data Plants gave the program for my local succulent society last night. It was a nice presentation of the Bahia region of Brazil. Even better for me though, he brought in a few plants for sale. When it isn't the speaker, the club will still arrange for another grower to bring in a selection of plants to sell. This constant source of novel plants is why I think everyone should go join their local club. The vendors that come in have much, much more interesting plants than you'll ever find at your local nurseries typically in much better condition too. Probably best of all, the prices simply can't be beat! As evidence to this, I'd like to show the plant I picked up last night:

{{gwi:498304}}

An absolutely incredible Fouquieria purpusii, and for only sixty bucks! The plant is a cutting from one of the original plants imported by Woody for introduction into the U.S.

{{gwi:498305}}

Even with its significant age (20-30 years), it is only about 20" tall. It does however display a nice 2 1/2" diameter belly!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21