SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kqcrna

No more interest in Yvonne's Salvia seeds?

kqcrna
16 years ago

I posted a second offer for Yvonne's salvia in the WS seed exchange about 2 weeks ago and only 2 people have shown interest. Anyone else who wants some of my seeds, please respond soon. If there is no more interest here, I'll give some away elsewhere.

If you are interested in having some, please respond to the other post.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: seed offer

Comments (32)

• pitimpinai
    16 years ago

Hi Karen, I just responded to the other post.
    Thanks.
    :-)

• samfawzy10
    16 years ago

Hi Karen,

I would love to have some of your Yvonne's Salvia seeds, I am in Canada but I will ask my daughter in California to send you the SASE to her address then I will get the seeds when she comes home for the Holidays.
    If you are OK with that, please send your address to me at sehamfawzy@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance, Seham

• wendy2shoes
    16 years ago

I'd love some, but I can't even post on your exchange page.;^( . Hoping some seed exchangers on facebook will help me.

• wantie
    16 years ago

I just sent you an email requesting Yvonne's salvia seeds.
    I have seen about them for quite some time and really was interested. Thanks. Wantie

• mudinmyshorts
    16 years ago

I'd love to have some Karen. I think that hummers will find that irresistible.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yvonne

• woodhawk
    16 years ago

I would love to have some as well. I will send the SASBE if you will send me you address.

Thanks Ted

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, I still have seeds. But I'm getting confused as to who I have responded to. Trying to follow both threads and notes which might give different names gets pretty tough. Please post requests on the exchange post AND email me. I don't want to miss anyone's request. And since posts show your gardenweb name but not necessarily given name it helps if you include both names. Thanks :-)

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Yvonne's salvia

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

You might try offering them on the Salvis Forum Exchange page. I didn't see a a sasbe offer there.

Sue

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sue: Never fear,I won't have any problem giving them away. I was just making sure my friends here had a first shot. A lot of local friends wanted them, too, in the 1st batch. I just kind of want to wrap of the SASBEs soon. Christmas is fast approaching, then vacation, then WSing,....

Karen

• lblack61
    16 years ago

I still have a lot left from the ones I recieved last year. I'm WSing more this year...it worked great for them :-)

Linda

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Linda: Didn't you grow them last year? Save your seeds?

Karen

• squirrel_girl
    16 years ago

If you have any of the salvia left, I would love some. It is breath taking. I will send you an e-mail.

Squirrel-Girl

• lblack61
    16 years ago

Karen,
    Yes I did grow them last year and they did pretty good, especially for the cool summer we had. I wanted to save the seeds, but the weather wasn't cooperating-- It got so rainy and windy that I don't even know when they ripened or if they had a chance to. The weather changed to cold real quick after the wind and rain.
    Seed collecting from everything this year was kinda difficult. I haven't pulled any (non-tuberous) plants out of the ground with the hopes that maybe I can still harvest some and have them be viable (even if I can't identify the plant anymore-- because I forget where I've plant things and everything is brown now).

Linda

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's too bad, Linda. Rain certainly was no obstacle here this year, but rather lack thereof. Do you want some seeds? If so email me.

I just wondered because it seemed that many wintersowers grew it this year but I don't recall seeing any seed offers except mine.

Karen

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

Does anyone know the name of this salvia before it became known as Yvonne's Salvia?

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

There was discussion some time ago on the Yvonne's salvia yahoo group. The consensus was it is a form of salvia splendors. Apparently it is not perennial in the south, and there were reports of having difficulty even growing it there in the extreme heat. Also, it's form resembles splendens more than coccinea or any other sage.

Karen

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

It looks alot like my Red Hot Sally Salvia but it never got over 12" tall. I was just curious.

• gjmancini
    16 years ago

In response to proudgm, my yvonnes salvia only reached about 12-15" also. I definatly would like to try to grow it again though.

• lblack61
    16 years ago

Karen,
    It always gets rainy in the fall...Lake Effect starts kicking in with the change in temps. If it weren't for having city-water this summer, the garden would've been a bust--and our water bill showed it :-(

Proud and GJ,
    Mine got to be about two feet, but I think it might've gotten taller if the nights had been warmer. Even the day temps warmed up later than usual this past summer, so YS didn't do much until it got warmer.
    I have seeds left from when they were sent to me last year, so I'm definitely going to WS them again.

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Our summer was HOT, the hottest ever. I can't remember how many days over 90 degrees, and quite a few over 100. Those temps, combined with the drought (over a foot rain deficit), was a gardener's nightmare. Hoping for much better next year.

Karen

• kizzyseeds
    16 years ago

Hi Karen,
    These are on my wish list! Do you still have any seeds?
    My 'Purple Prince' Zinnia is 4 ft. tall and I have Tithonia 'Torch' from your wish list. plmk, thanks.
    Sharon

• cameragirl59
    16 years ago

I'm probably too late (story of my life), but do you have anymore seeds left? Thank you.

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Hi Karen

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing with me last spring, I so enjoyed them, and I did see my one lonely hummer enjoying them too...I saved some seed to enjoy for this season...

Maybe you were soo generous last season everyone is already enjoying them ?? LOL

Mine bloomed right till a hard frost..they were the last plant to give in to the cold...

• jessewo
    16 years ago

What an amazing looking plant! Are you still offering them?

• dorrisf
    16 years ago

I was wondering if you had any Yvonne's Salvia seeds left.
    Thanks.

• caroline_2008
    16 years ago

If you still have some Yvonne's Savia seed, I would sure
    be happy to have some, what could I send in return? I have
    read so much about them , they sound awesome. Thanks

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

doris and caroline: Both of you have your email blocked and I cannot respond. Unblock your email on your member page, then email me again.

Karen

• playintheyard
    16 years ago

Karen,
    If you have any seeds left i would love some. I've read all about them here and my mother just showed me an article she found in Birds & Bloom. I have unblocked my e-mail several times but it always goes back to blocked sorry.
    Annette Campbell306@hotmail.com

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    16 years ago

Karen,
    I would love to send for yvonnes salvia, I missed the last round back in December. PLMK if it's still available. Thank you Lisa

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The offer is now closed. I have seeds for those who have responded before now.

Karen

• caroline_2008
    16 years ago

Hi Karen, I have tried to unblock my email but
    havent had any luck, it is cbouse@classicnet.net
    Hope this works, sorry for the trouble, and thanks for
    the seeds.

• dorrisf
    16 years ago

Karen...sorry the email was blocked. I think it is ok now. Thanks, Dorris

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group