SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Had to Buy a New Passiflora Ceurulea

susanlynne48
15 years ago

I had a sprig coming up this spring and accidentally pulled it when I was pulling weeds - I'm so bad! Then, I decided to put in a new trellis, and I must have damaged the roots. I waited 2 months, but nothing came up.

So, I went to our favorite nursery here (for butterfly plants; Precure) and they actually had ONE P. ceurulea left. Of course, I bought it and it has lots of growth on it. I will plant it tomorrow morning because I can tell it is ready for more root growth! Last year, this is the one that the GFs really preferred. They went to the P. 'Lavendar Lady' only after there was no more foliage on the P. ceurulea. I had to move some cats from it to the 'Lavendar Lady' to complete their cycle. Also, the spined solder bugs seemed to dislike hanging out on the P. ceurulea, too. They loved to hide in the 'Lavendar Lady'. Don't know if this was just coincidence or not.

I really want a P. incarnata. I planted the one that Sandy had rooted, but I'm not sure it's gonna make it. MissSherry says they are difficult to grow from cuttings. They must be. Sandy gave me one last year that she dug up, and it went kaput on me, too.

What is the best place to order one from?

Susan

Comments (8)

Sponsored