SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bihai

The New Rock Garden

bihai
17 years ago

Here is my newest completed thing in the greenhouse...a rock garden. I know its not much at the moment, but....

Now, just envision this, if you can....

The central elements of this garden are still in their infancy. The large growing elements will be #1 a Brownea macrophylla (rare tropical tree)#2 two Cyrtostachys renda (Red Sealing Wax) palns at the edges, #3 a Licuala aurantiaca palm and another palm I can't remember which at the moment, but a small growing Rainforest Understory palm that will be understory to the Brownea.

Unfortunately, the palms are all 12-18" tall at the moment, NOT spectacular, and the Brownea is all of about 8 inches tall! Not a whole lot to look at yet.

So, to treat the eye in the meantime, I have put a lot of color in this bed with Neophytum, Dyckia, Orthophytum, Cryptbergia and Billbergia.

Gonzer, I know, will recognize some of these plants, as they were bequeathed to me by him and they are so very nice.

Here is a series of shots, an overview, and some closeups of various "spots". My camera is limited in its ability to do widescope shots

{{gwi:480543}}
{{gwi:480545}}
{{gwi:480547}}
{{gwi:480549}}
{{gwi:480551}}
{{gwi:480554}}
{{gwi:480555}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County