SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

New Mini Rock Garden

15 years ago

This little area is tucked up alongside the outdoor basement door. There are no gutters on this house (not sure whether we'll add them or not - a lot of houses here don't have them due to the heavy snow accumulation in the winter - sheets of snow sliding off the roofs here tend to take the gutters with them). Anyway, when it rains, the rain washes a little ditch along here. We wanted a way to make it prettier plus control the runoff. We decided to try a mini Hosta rock garden.

The rocks are gorgeous here. There are huge rock piles all over in the woods, left (I'm guessing) from the copper mining days. I know the crystals and colors don't come through on a photo like they do in real life, but I'm hoping you can see just a glimpse of how pretty they are. Lots of crystals and sparkles and beautiful reds, pinks, greens, greys, and a multitude of other colors. I guess now we're not only hostaholics, we're rock hounds too!

So far, the bed contains Abby, Bill Dress's Blues, Silver Threads and Golden Needles, Ice Cream, Heart Broken, Cameo, Lakeside Lollipop, Hydon Sunset, Baby Bunting, Cheatin' Heart, and a pretty Hydon Sunset seedling of my own. The bed was pretty heavy on solids and greens, so I've got Xanadu on order from Karla to add another bit of color. Of course, maybe a lot of solids are good with this wild rock background!

Oh, the foundation paint is peeling badly, but that's next summer's project!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH