SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lopaka_mikale

Depressing

lopaka_mikale
15 years ago

I haven't been this depressed about my yard, since the hurricane season of 2004, when everything was wiped out. This time, its mostly from neglect. I've been so busy, that I just haven't had time to get out there and take care of things. I don't even want to go into my backyard. The weeds rule the day. All over the place. Plus, some of the plants just didn't appreciate the cold-fronts we have gotten. Then, I just broke an inflo off of one of my Plumerias, as I was returning it to the yard, now that the weather has started warming up. I've been watching it grow, slowly, over the past few weeks. That was the proverbial straw! I was just checking it out, before I lifted the plant to carry it out. As I passed through the door, I caught something falling to the ground, out of the corner of my eye. No need to look to see what it was. I just kept moving, with a whole new demeanor. When I placed the pot down, I just stared at the milky, white sap, where the inflo had been, only moments before, trying to will it back. Didn't work.

Oh well... tomorrow I will remove the Banana trees... they didn't like the cold, but weren't looking so great anyway, cut off all the Palm fronds that died, literally, over night, and go to Costco for one of those big jugs of Round-up concentrate. In a few weeks, when the risk of really bad cold-fronts has passed, I will trim the shrubs and other plants, that didn't do well in the cold, prune the Hibiscus plants that look like crap, and fertilize the s! out of everything. I know it will all start coming back, fast, once the growing season starts, but today I need to sulk.

Thanks for the shoulder.

Bob

Comments (19)