SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

Royal Colors - Second Shipment

jodik_gw
16 years ago

As I'm sure most of you know, I placed an order with Royal Colors some time in September... I opted for October delivery, mainly because the choice of "ship them right away" is not an option... October came and went with no sign of my package, and I even waited extra time, figuring since it was busy season and they were coming from overseas, it could take longer... still no package... so, I emailed my disappointment, and they responded with a second shipment, I'm happy to say...

I FINALLY GOT IT!

Yesterday, there was a box from Royal Colors in my mailbox... it looked like it had been through a war... it was partially open, dented, and looked like the hands that it had passed through along the way had all taken turns throwing it around!

Once opened, however, I discovered that the bulbs were fine... undamaged by human hands, anyway... although, I was not exactly thrilled with the loose and poor packing job... plus... upon opening the bags the bulbs come in, I discovered that a couple of them have broken scapes from being in bags for so long, and the ones with long, curling, white scapes are rather soft and feel depleted of moisture... I hope they make it.

Needless to say, I am not thrilled with my first, and possibly my last, order from Royal Colors. I spent good money to get these bulbs, waited an ungodly long time to get them, and received the bottom of the barrel bulbs, not even packed well...

Since it does no good to cry over spilled milk, I'm going to make the best of it all and plant them up... I think with good care, I can salvage them all and have nice flowers from most of them this year, and from the others by next year...

I've been told by everyone who has ever ordered from RC that they are a fabulous company with great products... I'm sure my poor experience with them was just a fluke... and with the volume of customers they must have, it's inevitable that one purchase goes awry...

Bottom line is... I have my bulbs, and I know RC will replace any that don't make it... they do have great customer service!

Whew! Done ranting... I'm going to the garden center today to get more clay pots for these guys... my bulbs are: Supreme Garden, Rapido, Rembrandt Van Rijn, Lady Jane and Giraffe. I'll take photos as I plant them up...

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions