SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
napdognewfie

Groundhog Day or Is There Really Such A Thing as Spring, Virginia

napdognewfie
16 years ago

I checked on my brugs who have spent the winter napping in my good friend's basement. Don't you wish you had a friend like that? We also have to cultivate friendships with people who do not speak brugese just to keep us on our toes. She has a brown thumb & as such has few plants (a Pothos & a Christmas Poinsettia she hasn't killed off yet or given to me). I miss my brugs, I miss sunshine, warm air on my skin, a gentle breeze blowing my hair, sitting on the ground & digging in the dirt. I am tired of snow (& shoveling it), ice, sleet, freezing rain & bitter cold winds sucking the heat from my arthritic bones (Note: I will complain about the heat later on in the year).

Anyway, my big plants are starting to plump up a little & tiny leaves are sprouting from what I worried would be lifeless branches (except for Jamie who had 5 inch shoots until I picked them off, that was painful to me). I may have lost one small plant that I probably should not have let go dormant (should have listened to the experts). The cuttings at my house (all over my house) are starting to perk up & they told me they want to go live in the great outdoors. I talk to my plants & now I have been inside so long that the plants are now talking back to me. People are starting to talk about trades (oh goody, more bruggies, maybe a real person will talk to me!). Seed catalogs are filling the mailbox & tempting me to try (& possibly kill off) strange & exotic lifeforms.

Will the groundhog see his shadow? Can spring be far behind?

Linda

Comments (11)