SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Happy Groundhog Day!!!

caroline94535
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

It's Groundhog Day! My kind of Holiday!

Our sunrise today was at 0756; like the little cutie Punxsutawney Phil, I stepped out on the deck and saw my shadow!

Six more weeks of winter; that's time for me to finish tweaking the Purple Martin gourds and planning the gardens.

Groundhog Day is the perfect Holiday because...

I don't have to spend three days planning, shopping, prepping, and cooking a meal and then another day getting everything cleaned, stored, packaged, and frozen.

I don't have to decorate a thing.

I don't have to buy a thing.

Since few people get as excited about this chubby little rodent as do I, I don't have to plan anything social.

I DO get to take a long afternoon break and watch the movie Groundhog Day.

I DO get to eat Groundhog Food, which is 99% raw fruits and vegetables. My kind of a meal. Wash, chop, and chomp!

We have groundhogs here, locally called woodchucks, but they are still snuggled down in their winter-long deep hibernation. Another reason they are one of my spirit animals.

Fun Facts

Groundhogs are the largest species in the squirrel family.

Other names for groundhogs include woodchucks, and whistle-pigs.

Groundhogs are skilled climbers and swimmers, which helps them to escape less-skilled predators.

Groundhog burrows are so complex that each has its own "bathroom" chamber.

Groundhog burrows are known to have been responsible for uncovering a historic village in central Ohio - now a famous archeological site.

---
Groundhog Day 2017:

Punxsutawney Phil made his annual prediction shortly after 7 a.m. this morning - 6 more weeks of winter.

See the article here: https://weather.com/news/weather/news/groundhog-day-did-punxsutawney-phil-see-his-shadow?utm_medium=email&utm_source=website&cm_ven=Email&cm_cat=

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner