SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammyqc

Leaves, mites aphids etc

sammyqc
16 years ago

Here's a quick question. Would you strip the leaves off of seedling younsters? These are 9 or 10 months old an about 14++inches? They have pretty good root systems, filling the small 1/2 gallon pots. I don't want to bump them up yet, wait till spring for that.

But after reading all the posts about micro mites, I was just wondering if I should stip them too or just keep spraying/bathing. I've been stripping all my older brugs and spraying, and spraying my cuttings with soap/alcohol, and rinsing/bathing them in the kitchen sink. (My hubs thinks I'm nuts, but I'm used to that!!) I have aphids, whitefly, and probably mites too, although I thought they were baby aphids, but now I'm sure they're mites. I don't use anything else (too toxic-small house-kids, cats and dog), so spraying and stripping and washing them is it.

I'm glad I read about the stripping, a huge noid white was just crawling, and I couldn't stand it anymore a few weeks ago, so I went and cut of all the leaves, wondering if it would be okay. Now I find out, as Martha would say, That's a good thing!! Learn something new all the time. And I've been around here for quite a few years!!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus