SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bookjunky4life

WS planning when pregnant

bookjunky4life
11 years ago

This is my fourth winter WSing. However, this year I am pregnant and due December 11 with my first child. Currently, I am still doing garden winter clean-up and prep and believe I'm in good enough shape to get that all done before I'm "too" pregnant. I know I will not have time to WS much at least first month or two after I deliver. I have prepped in that I have plenty of jugs, having kept all the ones from last winter (I did over 400) and have probably a hundred fresh jugs that are not prepped. I have 3 1/2 bales of Promix ready to go. I also have saved gobs of my own seeds from blanket flower, BES, orange cosmos, and a few others. I also have a short shasta daisy mix that I bought that could be WS. I have WAY too much veggie garden area (probably 1.5 acres) and need to convert that to perennial flower gardens. I hope to also gather some marigold seeds but don't know if the frost will get them before they mature, and more hardy pampass grass seed from my uncle's plants (sowed 29 gallon jugs this year! fabulous!). I can also plant large areas to sunflowers as I have a utility tub (like from Menards) about 2/3 full. I don't know if I should try to start WSing some things in the next month or whether I should try to do everything in like February? Also, gotta buy tons of those 10 cent packs of Alyssum. Grew some in pots and some in-ground this year and it looks awesome either way. I also have pretty much zero $$$ to spend on seeds but would like suggestions on trading/cheap seed purchasing and suggestions on good solid perennials to try to WS.

Kayla (and soon-to-be daughter Quorra who will be my gardening accomplice)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio