SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cbarry_gw

Amaryllis don't love me, now have 4 more! pls help!

cbarry
15 years ago

They just don't grow for me and have always rotted, no matter what I do. My orchids love me (mostly I hang out on the orchid forum), most other plants too, but not amaryllis. The only success that I've ever had is when I gave up on the last one a 2 years ago, and plopped it in the middle of a giant citronella geranium, right on the soil. Boy did it reward me with blooms! And I don't touch it except for water and to cut off dead spikes/leaves.

A friend just gave DH 4 that he had, and I don't know what to do (other than plop them in the middle of other plants around the house!). They are well rooted, 1 had healthy newer leaves that I left on, but I cut the old yucky leaves off of the 3. Should I just repot in soil? They'll be put in a large NNE picture window (next to the happy one).

Left to my own, I will repot in potting soil, and that will be that. But should I cut off the leaves on the 1? It's long 18 in or so. I'm not sure when/if these last bloomed, and when these leaves grew. But since mine is in dormancy, I suspect that these should be too (no leaves), but just potted until they decide to wake up.

I appreciate any advice!

thanks,

Carolyn

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions