SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caterwallin

I can't remember who said this....

caterwallin
17 years ago

I know someone on this forum said something about that it was easy to root Black Willow cuttings by just putting them in water. I probably should have asked earlier to make sure that I understood this correctly before I made my eBay purchase. Maybe ordinarily they would root easily, but I'm wondering if mine will even do anything. They just came in the mail today after I sent my check out on Monday, March 12, about two weeks ago. I don't know what day the package was sent out but it was sent out priority mail. Isn't that two-day delivery? Or not? The cuttings are really looking poorly. They look all dried out and leaves are falling off of them. Right now I have them soaking in water in an effort to try to revive them. Honestly, by the way they look, I'd say that they were in transit for a week. The newspaper that the person had them in was at least a little bit damp yet, and she had that in a Ziploc bag. I honestly don't think that it was anything done wrong on her part. Maybe those cuttings really dry out fast? I'm hoping that I can save them but if not, at least they were only a few dollars. If they don't make it, then I'll just wait until next year and try again, only next time get one or two LIVE saplings, not cuttings. Assuming these will live, is that all I have to do, just keep them in a flower base until they root? They're about two feet tall, if that matters. I sure hope they make it. After they're rooted (assuming they live), do you just go ahead and plant them outside, or would it be better to pot them up first? I think I'd do the latter, wouldn't you (general 'you')? Thanks.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner