SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda441

I'm Back!

linda441
15 years ago

I realize that I have been MIA for quite awhile now, but wanted to let you know that I am still here and have been working hard to get my life back in order, or some semblance of order. I just moved (again!) in November to the doublewide next door which is much more spacious (went from 1000 sq ft to 1800 sq ft!) Even though the move was right next door it seemed like miles away when lugging boxes next door. I had my son and friends move the heavy furniture. A few of my garden friends from another garden forum jumped in to help me dig up some of the plants and pot up for the winter just before the first unexpected freeze came thru. I had made 2 makeshift greenhouses to get me thru the winter and I have the 8Â X 12Â barn that has housed quite a few as well as my dining room table and floor. We went from weeks of spring type weather to freezing here again this week! Everyone talks about Global Warming---BS- I think the country is going though Global cooling right now!!!!

I was fortunate to find a wonderful couple to rent the other mobile home next door with a rent to own agreement. They fell in love with it and are doing a lot of renovation to it that I could not do physically or financially. They have become close friends as well.

I am still job searching with no luck yetÂthe job market is terrible here, with a bleak outlook. Hopefully something will turn up soon.

I thank all that have emailed me and kept me in their prayers and encouraged me. I am keeping a positive attitude and enjoying the simple things life has to offer, such as watching the Cardinals and finches sharing the feeders this morning just outside my office windows.

I have lost a lot of the brug cuttings I bought on ebay late in the season. Of course they were all ones I was lusting after. I especially hated losing Orange Infusion that I had high hopes of, but when it arrived it looked a little dried and even with cutting it in half and trying water rooting with one and my soil mix with the other, neither made it. I had used superthrive as well. Will try another in the spring perhaps if available. Lost Salmon Perfection, Pink Smitty and Wretched Mess as well as a few others. Hope my inground brugs survive.

I and hoping all of you get through this miserable winter without much loss. And letÂs all pray for an early Spring!!!

Linda

Comments (15)