SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

weird leaves, not virus-related and repotting updates

I did a massive repotting of 09 seedlings today and as I was poking around the amaryllis patch, I found a bulb that had really done something odd. This bulb was down to near nothing and I caught it (months ago) cleaned it up, repotted it, ect. Now it has leaf/leaves...but instead of nice broad leaves, they are really skinny...and 4 for every one that there should be (it's like the leaf making bits in the bulb are all messed up and it's shooting out leaves that look like big blades of grass).

ANY IDEAS?? It's still looking like it might not make it, but the little thing is really trying.

I am whooped...transplanted gang pots of seedlings from 7/10 to individual 3" pots, and then things from 3" pots (09 seedlings) to 6" pots. Some the seedlings from last year already had offsets...and 8+leaves!! It seeems like anything I crossed with Limona was very hardy!! President Johnson was a good mother bulb as her kids were very robust as well. I had roughly 20 Gordie selfs from 08 and many really big Gordie selfs from 07. I can't wait for springtime to see what is going to bloom.

OH...for those on the list when Jodi and I hacked our Chicos (9/09) I ended up with 8 bulbs and they have offsets! All doing well.

Later this week...it's time to clean out the greenhouse and start moving things in. I won't be able to pack them in too tightly, but I think it's better that the little transplants get accustomed to their new surroundings instead of whisking them in the night before a freeze. Funny, one of the bulbs in the house (Sumatra) has gone dormant under the lights. He's still nice and firm, but all his leaves have shriveled and gone. He'll go into the greenhouse for sure!

I look at how large the hippi area is and it's a bit overwhelming. Thanks goodness for my little red wagon!

K

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions