SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

Some fall pictures

vera_eastern_wa
14 years ago

Hello everyone :)

I've been resting for the last 3 weeks or so after coming down sick with some kind of stomach flu that completely wiped me out! The initial ordeal lasted for a solid 8 days. I don't get sick very often, but when I do...oh boy!!

These pics were taken on September 23rd.

Aster laevis (Smooth Blue Aster) and Carl Forester Grass. This Aster is one serious self-sower...don't ever let the seed get away from you! Cut down below the flowering tops and insert in large paper bag on day with no wind!!

{{gwi:431762}}

Aster laevis with re-blooming Maltese Cross. There is some Salvia officinalis in the pic as well...

{{gwi:431763}}

Clarkia amoena (Godetia) has bloomed it's fool head off since June. Anyone who's grown Clarka elegans knows by July they have about spent up there energy to the heat...not these!!

{{gwi:431764}}

My Cosmo plant that took on 3 different color variations! I only got these two colors before the camera died :)

{{gwi:431765}}

{{gwi:431766}}

Dahlia 'Bishop's Grandchildren' (Karen's Dahlia). I never thought I'd see these bloom, since the earwigs found this particular Dahlia extremely tasty darn near the entire season. The 'Early Bird' was never bothered a bit. As you can see, my plants never grew past 10", but this bloom sure is lovely! I wonder what the tubers will look like?

{{gwi:431767}}

My Hibiscus has buds, but no blooms just yet. The first frost never fazed them so I'm holding out hope!

{{gwi:431768}}

{{gwi:431769}}

Kiss-Me-Over-the-Garden-Gate and Nicotiana alata near the front door

{{gwi:431770}}

Yvonne's Salvia...

{{gwi:431771}}

Tomato 'Russian Persimmon'

{{gwi:431772}}

Tomato 'Cherokee Green', 'Black Plum', 'Russian Persimmon' and 'Manitoba'

{{gwi:431774}}

A little friend....she's pregnant and I moved her to this front bed after almost chopping here in half cutting stuff back in another bed! Now she moves between the Feather Reed Grass, Aster, Echinacea and Coreopsis lanceolata....plenty of grasshoppers keeping her fat (I see the evidence) and she ate a male Mantis that moved in! Last year the egg case was laid on the Coreopsis.

{{gwi:431775}}

{{gwi:431776}}

Comments (22)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!