SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northforker

anyone else BUYING annuals??!!

northforker
15 years ago

I did TONS of WSing. I had LOTS of annuals germinate. I HOSed them all over, but particularly in the 2 beds bordering the patio - after all we sit there for hours and I want my "best stuff" visable.

The spring was cold. Those seedlings sat and sat and didn't grow. Eventually, they grew a little here, a little. Except for the Dalhia Bishops Children, July came and went and not even flower BUDS.

August 1: I caved. My favorite small garden center had an incredible sale. A wagon full of plants (healthy flowering in 4.5 pots) for 9.99 - I got 24 in the wagon. The 2 beds look GREAT. I didn't have to take out much, sort of squeezed the new plants in.

Justification: I got all kinds of cool stuff to save seed from!!!!!!!!!! Penta's & verbena's and two different kinds of plectranthus (I love plectranthus) and something called purple knight (foliage) and more sweet potato vine for pots cause I never did get around to making cuttings this year. And Petunia integrifolia, which I like better than waves and now I'll have seed!

Fess up... anyone else buying annuals on sale?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting