SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Spring, TX Bulb Surgery Center - Patient Update with Photos

Just completed surgery (twin scale chipping) and modified chipping on 1 of the 5 affected bulbs.

First - here's one of the 3 live larvae that I found in the bulb during the "procedure". {{gwi:427716}}

I am doubting that it's a narccisus fly as they don't look like bees, but it and its brethren are in a jar with scraps of bulb...so we'll see if the pupated and emerge as??? (Black flies??)

So....here's the patient:

{{gwi:427717}}

Note the extensive damage...but since the bulb was otherwise healthy (and had no virus) I am hopefully of a successful salvage!

{{gwi:385418}}

{{gwi:427718}}

Here are a few photos during the procedure...I got close to 16 sections.

{{gwi:427719}}

Many were too damaged to salvage, but it the twin-scale chipping process I was able to get 1 good chip and one questionable chip from a few sections, so I ended up with 22 pieces that had good-sized pieces of basal plate.

{{gwi:427720}}

I soaked them all in systemic fungicide and placed 4 pieces/baggie in vermiculite. I'll check them every 3 days (schedule is posted on bathroom mirror) for mold and will let you know what's happening.

In case anyone wonders why I've been sick over all this, here's the bloom of what I'm trying to save! WISH US LUCK (silent bulb Zen is fine.....I'm a big believer...!)

{{gwi:376538}}

{{gwi:375199}}

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions