SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mellen_gw

UPDATE: update:obf-flowers from the april showers

mellen
12 years ago

Here is the update thread for our May exchange.This exchange will be ONLY for trading plants or bulbs. Please not extra "stuff" this time. Let's see if we can fill a medium flat rate box. Of course, all boxes are to be sent priority with a delivery confirmation number. Boxes should be received by the last day of May unless you make other arrangements with your partner.

The Our Bloomin' Friends(OBF) group is a group of like-minded gardeners who are willing to commit to at least a year of "membership." Only current members qualify, ALTHOUGH, if you would like to become an OBFer, you must commit to at least 5 months of the year, trade or have traded with at least 2 current members, and be willing to send your package first. If you think you can agree to the guidelines, we would love to have you.

I am doing 'partners' a bit differently this month. Whomever you are paired with is who you send to...you send to each other.

Partners:

Carol---Jen

Shirley---Heidi

Sue G.---Beth

Michelle---Vina

Sue N.---Treasa

Maryanne---Margaret

Jeanne---Remy

Em---Mary Ellen

Okay-The Mother's Day question was-

How old was I when I became a mother?

The winner is EM! who guessed 44.

Actually, I was 49 years old when I became a mom. Our son was 67 inches long and weighed 150 pounds. He was a big boy, huh? Some of you do and some of you don't know that we were foster parents to our son when he was 13, and we adopted each other when he was 16. Did you know that the govt. makes a completely new birth certificate? It shows that I gave birth to him on March __, ____. If that had actually happened, I would have been 32. Go figure...

So, Em, which would you prefer--a NOID daylily or a coral bell of my choosing?

Any questions, please ask. Now HAVE FUN!!!

ME

Comments (116)

• margaret_2007
    12 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Have been busy with family matters so haven't posted lately. My daughter who is disabled was home for a few days & fell coming up the steps into the house. The ER doctor thinks it is broken but wanted her to see an Orthopedic Dr to find out for sure. She has a steel post in that arm from her shoulder to the elbow & he thinks the break is just below the rod. Am waiting for the news now to see if she broke it.

Maryanne-I am in no hurry so when things are convenient that will be fine. I know I'll not be sending until after the holiday. I have several things in mind but not dug up yet!

Pray you all have a blessed Memorial Day weekend. I know it is sad for many but I am so greatful for this country & especially the military individuals who make our freedom possible. God's richest blessings to all of you. Margaret

• suegardens2
    12 years ago

Hello everyone. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected by recent weather events, tornadoes and flooding. Melissa, sorry to hear you're flooded again. I pray that your family is ok as well. I often complain that I'm stuck in Ohio, but I am beginning to think it's not so bad here.

Shirley and ME, I am glad to have our annual audit over with. It is just exhausting. I try to keep everything in order so that we have clean audits and so far it has worked for the past four years. My coworkers think I'm nuts but that's ok.

My irises started blooming finally and they are so beautiful. I must take photos and try to post them.

Have a good night all.

Sue N.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: April showers bring May flowers

Q

Comments (147)
    I finally got my package on Saturday, actually today cuz yesterday we were at a Renaissance festival all day.. but WOW!!!!!!!!!!! it was TOTALLY worth the wait!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo absolutely THRILLED with my seeds, ty so very much Connie and to everyone else that shared seeds as well! I am gonna be BUSY this week sowing seeds!!!!!!! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!! ~Wendy
    ...See More

update: obf - april worship the green goddess

Q

Comments (150)
    Remy's package to me arrived today. What a big box and so full of all kinds of goodies! I tried to make a list so hopefully I have everything written down. Remy sent me Trachystemon orientalis, two daylilies (I looked up Ball Gown on the internet and I think it is Remy's picture of it shown in the example!), Helenium, an iris, a pulmonaria, Succisa pratensis, and Leontine Gervais Rose. That looks like such a beauty on Remy's blog. I hope it grows well for me. She also included some homemade applesauce (totally yum!), green tea, stevia, a pop-up vase, landscape gloves, and a tissue pack with flowers printed on them. Thanks so much, Remy. You really spoiled me! Jeanne
    ...See More

update: obf april 2014 swap: buried treasure (2)

Q

Comments (25)
    Susan and Anne, nice boxes. Laura, I enjoyed the paintings, I liked the paper one the best, would really add a sense of fun to a room. Anne, you asked if any of us do anything with gourds. Well, I think I have posted these pics before, so it is good they are at the end of this swaps post. But I did the black cat and my hubby, daughter and son the 'head' for Halloween. LOL
    ...See More

UPDATE: obf april swap: made in the shade!

Q

Comments (5)
    I can't believe you did this Faye with all you have on your mind. I told you I would be perfectly ok without a box. I received a terrific box from Faye full of wonderful things: Peanut clusters - yum! gtreen star gladiolus bulbs hosta aureomarginata pachysandra ajuga ground cover hosta diana remembered christmas fern vinca noid ground cover house leek egyptian walking onion a plate that says "A short walk with a friend can take you a long way in life (isn't that the truth!) Wildflower seeds anda TN Vols bracelet, keychain and notepad Thanks Faye and here's hoping you get back to normal quickly! Sue G.
    ...See More
  • suegardens2
    12 years ago

This is Cee Cee.

This is Pretty Is

Sorry the pics are so large

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Sue-Love your irises especially Pretty Is. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret-I know how saddened you must feel for your daughters accident. Please keep us informed.

Melissa-Thank you and DH for thinking of Melinda and doing all you did for her from the group. Your the best......

Em-Thank you as well for your rally for Melinda during her healing. Your the best...

Melinda-Thinking of you always.

It's ladies like you that makes this group so awesome.

So sorry to hear about the devastating tornadoes. Sure makes you wonder if God is not trying to get our attention.

I have the swap for June and will post the new swap next Monday. We are leaving Friday and won't be back until Monday. Going to camp with family and friends at a new campground we heard about. I hope we can eat at the new Paula Dean Restaurant one night. I've heard good things about it from everyone.

Heidi-Your box has been mailed hope you get it soon.

Maryanne-I have your willow cuttings ready to mail so hope to get to the PO tomorrow.

Shirley

• veeja11
    12 years ago

Just finished season two of being human, british version, loved it Friday on to season 3. Got veggie garden all in, about a month behind with weather this year, since dogs are all in yard or house we turned the dog run into extra garden space, doing extra shelf planting this year. you people in the south stay safe. guess I shouldn't complain about a bit of rain. hugs to all my bloomin friends help for those with headaches

• suegardens2
    12 years ago

Hello everyone. Hope you're all doing okay.

I guess everyone is very busy planting these days, and weeding. I have been too. I wintersowed for the first time this year and all of seeds germinated and are growing quite nicely. I will be transferring them to a sheltered bed in my courtyard area this weekend, if the weather cooperates.

I couldn't resist the urge to bring some flowers indoors. Here is a picture. Not the greatest flower arranger, but I try, lol.

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

WOW
    such wonderfull iris, I only got a few flowers this year becouse I had to pull them all up last year and pu them in a temp bed at in laws house and move them again early this spring to the new house. I was shocked I got any flowers out of them this year.
    michelle

• hdiperna
    12 years ago

Yay!! I got my box on Wednesday. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Shirley was so generous!!

Hosta~ Bright Light
    Pussy Willow~cork screw and regular
    Daylily ~ date book, big target, red hot poker
    Bearded Iris ~ Thornbird, Miss Hempsey, Bye Bye Blues
    Asiatic lily~ black out and dotcom
    and purple spiderwort

I am so excited to get these established!!

Heidi

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    I finaly figured out how to get picks from the phone to the computer.
    these are my 3 iris that bloomed for me this year. I did a very big iris swap 2 years ago and have yet to see what most of them are, I had no idea I had a pure white one.

dose anyone have any idea what hosta this maybe, the tag got lost and I didnt realize I had one with such big leafs, it was just a very small start last year.

Oh and the girls say HAY!

have a great weekend
    michelle

• suegardens2
    12 years ago

Hi Michelle, I love your pics. The irises are just beautiful! I think the hosta may be Sum and Substance. It looks just like it, and it grows really large in a short period of time. I used to have one at a house we sold a few years back. It grew really beautifully and I wish I had brought a start with me, but it was February when the house sold and the ground was frozen solid.

It's so nice to read all the posts about the boxes being received. This was a really great idea for a swap ME.

Treasa, all the plants you sent me are doing really well. I have blooms on a few of the plants and comfrey, from our made in the shade April swap has flowers and is attracting butterflies! Thanks again.

Enjoy your holiday weekend everybody. My daughter is getting married in July, so I will be busy with wedding preparation stuff. I'm more nervous about the details than she is! It's so exciting!!!

Talk to you all later,

Sue N.

• sguanzon
    12 years ago

Sorry for the late post Beth!
    I got your wonderful box! Inside was:

5 pink Caladium bulbs (I just love caladiums!)
    "Sidekick" Sweet Potato Vine (again, one of my fave's)
    Burgundy (looks like the writing says "Shamrock")
    Brown Bean Sedum
    "Licorice Stick"
    Succulent variety
    Aconium Irish lace
    Wolly thyme
    Senicio

Beth everythings just perfect - thanks so much!

Did I see you might have snow up there this week?

I know, no excuses, but we had an out of town HSGrad this week and other "life experiences" have gotten in the way the past week ---got caught up on all my dr visits and tests and everything looks good so far. Have a new PCP I really like....

Anyway I'll be late but your box will go out Tues.

Best wishes!

Sue g.

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Remy,
    I dug plants for you this morning. They are soaking up some extra water to get ready for the trip. I will box them up this evening and get them out tomorrow. I hope you like what I am sending and it will grow well where you are.

I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day. Take time to remember the reason for this day.

Jeanne

• mellen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello, apologies for being absent the past couple of days. Our 'kids' have been here since Friday and just now left for home. I was able to feel baby Evie kick numerous times. So did my DH. What a joy! Also went to my nephew's college graduation yesterday.

Most of the week-end has been chilly, damp, and a bit windy. But, today is making up for it with sunshine, 89 degrees, and a wind advisory.

Let me see if I have this correct on people who have received boxes:
    -Carol
    -Treasa
    -Sue N.
    -Jen
    -Shirley
    -Vina
    -Heidi
    -Sue G.

Please correct any mistakes I may have made.

Em, I will try to work on your box tomorrow.
    ME

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

{{gwi:1273506}}
    Happy Memorial Day

Soaring temps today on this Memorial Day. Nice boxes sent and received.

I'm thinking we will have a White Elephant swap for our June swap. These turn out being so fun and you really try for the box you would like to have. So be thinking of your swap box for June. We will have all plants for this swap as well. After all this is a gardening group. LOL

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Margaret, I'll be getting your box together this week. I was away all weekend, just getting in a few hours ago. Hopefully weather will cooperate and the heat won't be all that intolerable to dig.

Shirley, I did get the willow cuttings and have them soaking in water. the leaves are pretty much spent, but i'm assuming, this would be okay. i appreciate it very much. i look forward to their growth and have the perfect spots for each.

I pray everyone in weather's way be safe. Weather is insane of late and I too can't help but wonder if there is a bigger message that we don't listen to.

Melinda, hope you continue to progress. Think of you often.

Be well everyone....short work week (tough, since this is the first itme i've had a "real" permanent job in 5 years - very tough getting used to time not being mine!)

Great boxes being sent/received so far. I just love this group.

Maryanne

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Good morning!
    I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
    Have been so busy, I can't even find time to turn around :)

Michelle, come h*** or high water your box is going out today. I so so sooooo apologize for being this late!!

I'll post the dc later today!

Have a great day!
    vina

ps...LOVE the iris' and absolutely LOVE the chickens!!!

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Well, no he** and no high water...Michelle your box is in the mail :)
    DC# 0308 3390 0002 0057 0747

Have a great night!!
    vina

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hi
    thanks vina I'll let you know when your babies get here.
    happy gardening
    michelle

• hostarookie
    12 years ago

ME, I finally have your box together... it will be going out today. Sorry its taken me so long!

DC# 0304 7990 0000 8153 4971

• hostarookie
    12 years ago

ME, I finally have your box together... it will be going out today. Sorry its taken me so long!

DC# 0304 7990 0000 8153 4971

• remy_gw
    12 years ago

Hi All,
    I managed to get Jeanne's box out today.DC# is in my purse, lol. I'm still working on the garden. It went from the wettest spring ever here to hot immediately! At least there was a breeze today.
    Looks like a lot of very nice plants were swapped this month!
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Remy's box was mailed out early Tuesday morning. I am hoping it may arrive tomorrow. I am like Remy, the DC # is in my purse but if it doesn't arrive by Fri., I will post it so we can see where it is!
    Sounds like it is hot everywhere. We have already had mostly 95 and above days for about a week and this week ahead is more of the same. Lots of watering going on out in the garden. I noticed today that the foliage on the daylilies looks like it is burned from the intensity of the sun. Not pleasant out there for people, pets, or plants and I know there is only worse ahead.
    I agree, Remy, the boxes that were sent out sound great. This is a wonderful group!
    Jeanne

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Margaret...I hope to get your box together by the weekend and get it mailed out on Monday. I am so sorry to be so late. Rain, rain and more rain and now heat on top of heat. I'll post as soon as I am finished.

Remy, I hear ya on this weather - straight from rain to heat. I promised though I would not complain about the weather, i would just deal with it. Afterall, I have no reason to really complain given the climate in other areas and the devastation.

Happy Thursday!
    Maryanne

• mellen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Em, I will work on your box to get it out tomorrow. Weather has been making it difficult to dig, etc. But not complaining...rain is fine.

ME

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    Vina I got your box today, wow it is great.
    I was a little jelous about the iris you posted in the white elephant swap but no worries now... YAY
    she sent me 6 named iris
    germanica, flavescens, edith wolford, indian chief, gudrun, and clifts of dover and not just one of each but several. also in the box was ruby giant coneflower, chives( do these have a garlic tast or onion, I have never used them) thrift splenders white.
    thank you so much I just love iris and want them all.
    michelle

• remy_gw
    12 years ago

Hi All,
    My box from Jeanne came today! That was fast for the PO. She sent me lots of stuff! I was out potting it up in the dark, lol. You know you are a gardeners when you do that.
    In it she put:
    Persicaria 'Painter's Pallet'
    Kerria japonica 'Golden Guinea'
    Angel Wing Begonia
    NOID Iris - Can't wait until it blooms
    Pink and White double Columbine - can't wait to see these bloom too
    Grapefruit Mint
    Monarda 'Jacob Cline'
    Yvonne's Salvia - I've read about it a million times and never grown it
    Lemon Verbena cutting - I love the scent of Lemon Verbena!
    Red Mum
    Yarrow ' Apricot Delight'
    Horse Tail - I have to look this up. I think it can go in the pond. It would look nice with the Taro I have.
    Pregnant Onion- I'll have ot look this one up too. I've heard of it, but don't know anything about it.

Thank you for everything Jeanne!! Now hopefully you get he box I sent tomorrow : )

I love the pics everyone posted earlier in this thread. I forgot to say that last time I posted.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• mellen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Em, I will be mailing your box today.....finally. Wonderful boxes of plants being shared.
    ME

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Remy,
    Your box to me arrived today so the post office treated both of us well! Your plants are so big! I think they must have liked all the rain you had this spring.

Remy sent daylily 'Gentle Rose', Impatiens balfouuri, Osteospermum, Iris brevicaulis, Blue Grass, Horseradish, and Red Rubin Basil and Rainbow Mix Coleus seeds. I got the foliage unwrapped from the newspapers so it can breathe and will try to put the plants in the ground or in containers towards evening when it cools off. I didn't have any of these - well, I had horseradish at one time but it died so we'll see if I can keep this one going! LOL

Thanks so much.
    Jeanne

• hostarookie
    12 years ago

ME... your package has been delayed. :-( I jumped online earlier this morning to check the status and it didn't show anything. I immediately called hubby to make sure he delivered it Wednesday and all I heard was dead silence... hmmm! Apparently he put it in the back seat of the truck and forgot all about it. I'm sure I'll have to replace everything. LoL I'll work on a new box tonight and get it out MYSELF tomorrow.

• margaret_2007
    12 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-
    What great boxes are flying! I had every intention to get mine done yesterday & it poured down all day. Had too many things to do today & out of town tomorrow, so please forgive me Maryanne. I will get it out Monday come rain or shine or whatever!

Am pleased to tell all that my daughter's arm was not broken although she has to have therapy on it for several weeks. Don't know if I mentioned that arm has a post in it from the shoulder to the elbow so praising the Lord there was no break.

It was in the 90's today here & so humid from the rains we have been getting. We live very close to the Mississippi so flooding all around. Looking for some good weather next week as I have so much to do in the yard.
    Have a great weekend everyone. Blessings, Margaret

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Margaret, GREAT news!!!!!! and no hurry, take your time.

Em, been there, done that...more times than i care to admit.

i was in an (minor) auto accident first thing this morning...great start to the day. no one hurt, no one better even think about saying they are. the passenger in the other car screamed and hollared at me....get over it, it was an accident.

we are supposed to have a great weather weekend, so i will be spending most of my time out there, planting and digging - finally to get my may box together. thank goodness there's no "late fee".

be well everyone. enjoy the weekend.

maryanne

• mellen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Em, your box went out today. I forgot to get a DC#, though. What happened? Our mailman brought a box of plants to my door today. I asked him if he could take my box and mail it. He didn't have any equipment with him to figure the cost so he said he would take it, pay for it with his own money, and leave a bill in my mailbox for it later. Where else but small town USA would that ever happen? NO worries about yours getting to me. I bet you got a blank stare from your hubby when you asked him if he mailed it. I have SEEN that stare before with boxes that I want sent. :)

Margaret, what a relief about your daughter's arm. YES, the rains really heated up the day today. I stayed inside.

Peonies are finally blooming. I have about 19 different ones in the SW corner of the yard along the fence. They are my DH's favorite. I didn't use to like them, but I have come around. I cut a few yesterday and put them in a vase that I got in TX this late winter. When I saw it at a second-hand store, it shouted 'peony vase' at me.

This is the list of received boxes:
    Carol
    Treasa
    Sue N.
    Jen
    Shirley
    Vina
    Heidi
    Sue G.
    Michelle
    Remy
    Jeanne
    Am I missing anyone?

Take care, everyone,
    ME

• sguanzon
    12 years ago

Beth, I was just SURE that I had posted the DC #'s I mailed on 5/31 but I don't see them here I didn't have the right size box so I sent them in two boxes:
    0310 2640 0001 2786 3991
    0310 2640 0001 1786 3984

Hope they arrived ok!

Sue G.

• beth_b_kodiak
    12 years ago

Well not yet.
    Looks like the PO offered them a scenic route.
    To Spokane WA and then to Las Vegas. Most of out mail comes through Salt lake so we'll see if they go there next.
    MAil generally takes an extra day ot to getting to or from Jackpot.
    I'll keep watching.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Beth

• margaret_2007
    12 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Just a short note to say I just shipped your box, Maryanne.
    Here is the # 0311 0240 0001 1950 0858. I sure hope they don't croak on the way. It is so hot here & the box is stuffed. The post office lady did put some holes in it so I hope that helps. She said it should be there by Wednesday. I wouldn't count on that!

Lovely boxes were sent with this months swap & I enjoyed the part of sending & receiving from each other.

Have a wonderful week, Ladies & Blessings, Margaret

• hostarookie
    12 years ago

I received my package from ME today... I'll report back after while with its contents. I'm just getting home and need to plant before it gets too dark. Hubby had it unpacked and ready to go. :-)

• sguanzon
    12 years ago

Oh Beth that's just awful...it's been a week! Let me know what shape they are in when they get there!

Sue G.

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Margaret, I have to apologize again...it's so stinking hot and getting worse as the week goes on, so it probably won't be until the end of the week. i have everything picked out. i already made tags. have my shipping materials ready...it's just those stinking plants. if it would just rain, i would be out there with no problem.

sorry to be so late...hence the reason i am sitting out june.

maryanne

• hostarookie
    12 years ago

Finally taking a minute to post what I received from ME. A great package indeed!!

Dianthus Nigricans
    Maltese Cross
    Daylily Open Hearth
    Hosta Memories of Dorothy
    Hosta Faith
    Hosta NOID
    Heuchera Blackout
    Huechera Foamy Seas
    Heuchera Pinot Noir (prize plant)
    Heucherella Kimono

I think that's everything... :-)

ME, I continue to check the status of your package but it doesn't show any updates since it's arrival at the PO. It shows tomorrow as the delivery date... Please let me know if anything didn't survive its journey. I'm very surprised that it would take this long!

• mellen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Em, glad you liked what I sent.

Just a few more boxes, and this thread can close.
    ME

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

carp! am i the last to send? margaret...it's been killer hot and i just have not gotten to this yet. hence the reason i could not even sign up for june.

i did receive your wonderful box full of plants and they arrived in just wonderful condition. i see we have a lot of the same "loves". the box you sent to me is just fantastic and i will just love getting them in the ground and watching them grow year after year.

margaret, in her amazing generosity sent the following:

oriental lilies le reve
    heurcher melting fire
    hosta blue mouse ears
    bee balm
    dwarf iris
    an assortment of mini hosta
    various sedums which look absolutely interesting
    dianthus first love
    perennial geranium

margaret, when my g-babe and i opened the box and we were unwrapping the plants and got to the blue mouse ear hosta, she was so excited saying "grandmom that's just what you wanted". the heuchura is one i do not have and will welcome and the dianthus you hit the nail on the head. all of the plants are fabulous and are such a welcome addition to those i didn't already have. i can only hope that i do you justice as well in what i send. thank you ever so much! i'll think of you for years to come!

maryanne

• mellen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Update of boxes received:
    Carol
    Treasa
    Sue N.
    Jen
    Shirley
    Vina
    Heidi
    Sue G.
    Michelle
    Remy
    Jeanne
    Em
    Maryanne

3 more to go.

Maryanne, I am guessing that Margaret is a pretty patient, understanding lady. Silly to ship plants when it is hot and they just cook and are no good. The people who are left are very trustworthy people so no worries.

Tomorrow morning we leave for northern MN to our DIL's parents house. Her family is hosting a baby shower on Saturday. It is a good 8+ hour trip, but it will be a fun time once we get there. We will drive back home on Sunday. Em, if your box comes while I am gone, I am having the PO hold our mail til Monday so it will be in a nice, cool place.

ME

• beth_b_kodiak
    12 years ago

Wednesday afternoon I received a large flat rate box from Sue.
    I apologise to sue that i apparently screwed up the zip code I sent to her. ( a bit of dyslexia but that's no excuse)
    I already apologised to the plants after giving them a big drink.
    Thanks to Sue;s good packaging I think the only one headed for the compost heap is the lantana.
    There is a nice big rosemary that looks very good. Love rosemary and this is bigger than mine so it's very welcome
    Ruellia and beard tongue also look quite good considering their LONG trip.
    The pink pentas and silver bells will need some cutting back but I believe they will do fine.
    There is one that I can't find a tag, maybe it's a monarda??? Anyway, it looks OK just in need of a bit of TLC.
    Sue I am sorry for the error but The plants will do fine.
    Probably all will go home with me in the fall but I'll enjoy them here on the front porch for the summer.
    Thanks so much for your thoughtful selection. There are several here that I'd been hopeing to try.
    Bethb

• margaret_2007
    12 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-

Maryanne-Mellen is so right about not worrying when to send your plants. It has been so hot & so much rain here that I haven't even got all my containers planted yet. I did work on some of them today but I think another storm is coming! Please take your time & I am sorry you didn't get to compete in the June swap. There are some great swappers (thieves!) in that group. It is fun to watch!
    To others-hope your plants are doing well & have a great weekend. Blessings, Margaret

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Margaret, I was able to send your box on Friday. Just not able to post about it until now. I packed a box in "gratitude" for your waiting so very patiently and I hope everything gets there to you today. Your confirmation number is 0308-0730-0001-6224-4895.

We had no power at work on friday, as a matter of fact, it was out since 10:00 the night before. So, after waiting the appropriate amount of time to see if it came back on, we got to leave. I was able to take care of some things Friday that normally would have had to wait and top on my list was getting your box together. Figured it will get there today, hopefully!!!!!

If something doesn't make it, which I hope they all do, there's so much in there to make up for a loss!

Hope you love everything as much as I did putting it all together for you!!!!

Enjoy and again, so very sorry for being so late.

Maryanne

• margaret_2007
    12 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-I can't believe I took care of all this yesterday , "pushed Submit" & received the message- After an April date you can no longer sign in with your GW name, etc. I couldn't believe it. When I get this typed again, you will all understand why I waited until today to try again.

I received the largest box from Maryanne yesterday & I know when I try to input all that was in it, I'll forget some of it as it was so loaded, I can't believe that post is somewhere in outer space, I guess. I'll try again to list all: Day Lillies- Night Embers, Grace & Wind Frills-Toad Lily-Tradescantiq, Little Doll, Stokesia,Klaus Jelittoi-Asiatic Lily-Red Dragon Marked maybe,maybe not!Iris-Awake, Sues's Blues, Caprice & Innocent Star-Strawberry Begonia-Shasta Daisy,I almost bought one last week!-Superburn,Aglaya?-Hosta's, So Sweet, Thumbalina, I love mini's Hosta's, Heuchera-Dales Strain & one other one, Salvia-East Friesland. There were lots of Iris unamed, too. I am sure I have missed some & miss spelled some but what a selection! Thank you so much, Maryanne-I am going to try & keep them marked as from you & will be able to remember you when the start blooming! You really made my summer a delight watching these great plants.
    Mellen, I so enjoyed this swap especially trading with each other. Thanks you so much, You did Good! To all, have a wonder full planting season. Blessings, Margaret

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Margaret, I'm so glad the box made it to you, hope the plants were in good shape. It doesn't matter if you missed some or didn't spell them right, i just hope they add beauty to your gardens for years and years. it was certainly my pleasure sending to you and am so glad you came back in time for us to be partners!

Some of those iris, once they bloom, i could probably tell ya the names, but like i said, name or not, i have learned not to fret over it and appreciate the plant for its beauty!

Mellen, sorry to have been so late, hopefully this is a wrap! Thanks for hosting.

Maryanne

• mellen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow, NICE box, Margaret. I knew Maryanne would do well by you.

No wrapping up til the fat lady(me) sings. I also just received my box from Em. I wil open it in a bit and post.
    ME

• mellen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

As I said, I received Em's box today. Here is what she sent:

-a nice clump of Siberian iris
    -Red Canna
    -Ajuga-Sparkler
    -Iris-Jewel Baby, Odorootissima, and Waltzing Princess
    Thank you very much, Em. Excited to look these up and see them grow.

THIS MONTH of MAY OBF 'Flowers from the April Showers' is OFFICIALLY CLOSED! Thank you all for playing.
    ME

• beth_b_kodiak
    12 years ago

Another big THANK YOU going out to SueG.
    Her second box arrived as I was leaving for the weekend so i gave it (them) a drink and but it near an east window.
    Fortunately this wandering box contained an assortment of succulents.
    Fortunate as I don't think anything else would have survived the long trip AND because I actually needed some more succulents. I have two big bowls on assorted succulents that i keep on the steps and several had been lost to unexpected cold.
    Sue sent a very nice assortment and lots of them so the bowls are back in business again.
    I repotted yesterday and the bowls look good with the addition of Sue's plants to replace the frosted ones.
    Many thanks Sue you are a champ and a perfect example of the wonderful gals that have made GW one of my favorite places for over ten years now.
    This is a busy week here at the ranch with extra hands here to move the cattle into some of the higher pastures. It is finally warming up and the garden is growing. There are small buds on some peonies. Hope they get too bloom before it gets too hot for them.
    looks like we may go right from winter to summer.