SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fieldofflowers

How do I revive a Rex begonia that lost all of its leaves

fieldofflowers
9 years ago

I'm trying desperately to save my Capricorn variety that I've had just barely hanging on for about 3 years. It used to grow nice as long as I kept it in a bag. Remove the bag, it wilted. There was some period of time I managed to get it to grow bag free, but it kept drying up on me.

I divided it up and repotted it so I could monitor it better and keep the soil from drying up. So I thought.

I also had it in a show. Anyways a few days later the leaves started collapsing one by one. It's like it dried up from the top. I don't notice signs of mold or rot even. Just the leaves suddenly went limp.The stems feel firm and no sign of serious rot. Just all the leaves went.

Some causes I thought:

Shock of repotting, taking it to and rom the show in cold weather. (the other plants survived as far as I know.) A pathogen?

Is there any hope of saving the stem and getting it to grow new roots and leaves or is this plant a goner? I don't want to lose it because that variety has been really hard to find locally. I don't want to have to order it online if I don't have to.

This post was edited by fieldofflowers on Mon, May 19, 14 at 10:05

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH