SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kqcrna

Can't get caught up since vacation

kqcrna
15 years ago

My plants look awful - they missed me while I was on vacation. I have been trying to get things done for a week and a half but seem to make little progress. Everything needs deadheaded or cut back, or needs to be staked. I'm out of stakes.

We had rain most of the day yesterday, and wind, too. I had 1.4 inches of rain in my rain gauge. Now it's all evaporating, increasing the humidity. All the tall stuff is falling over. I've been out there working for hours today but called it quits for today- it's just too humid. I'm dripping with sweat, as wet as when I got out of the shower this morning. Now I need another.

After last year's drought, this rain is great. We're still 8" above norm for this time of year. Such strange weather. The high is supposed to be 80 by the weekend, that's unheard of for August in Cincinnati.

Hopefully, I'll get some gardening done then. Tonight my husband is going to cut the grass- the lawn grew inches since yesterday. I'll get grass clippings and start another batch of compost. I'm never too hot or too tired for that.

Karen

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations