SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

Mealybug Infestation- Please Advise

arbo_retum
12 years ago

After beeing inspired by youall this past winter, I went my usual overboard and purchased some 40 amaryllis. I also got the bright idea? to keep them inside for the summer, (for the first time), in the plant conservatory where the most light is available to them this time of year(compared to the arboretum where every available patch of sunlight is taken). I forgot to tell you that i am TERRible w/ neglecting indoor plants. sooooo. Many of these amaryllis have contracted mealybug from last winter's conservatory plants(which are now outside).I have sprayed, earlier in the season, my indoor-gone-outdoors tropicals (cordyline, clivia) w/ 10% alcohol for their mealybug. Can I do a soil-drench for all the amaryllis(with what? an appropriate systemic?) or must i inspect and spray all the leaves-into-the-crown w/ the alcohol spray? I have also not fertilized them as much as i should have (so much for changing my ways), in fact only once, a few wks ago. Plse advise me.I am coming out of a major depressed and guilt ridden period and am trying to do better.i will follow your projected plan.here near boston, i would typically bring these into the cellar around october. It wouldn't bother me to have them bloom later than usual if that would enable me to fertilize them longer than usually advised(august, yes?)

thanks so much for your help,

mea culpa something major,

mindy

www.cottonarboretum.com/

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions