SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

I'm a sucker for zinnias, anyone else?

grant_in_arizona
13 years ago

I know, I know, they're super easy to grow so not necessarily worth boasting about, LOL, but they certainly are pretty so that's worth sharing.

About six weeks ago I scratched a few zinnia seeds into the soil around a small grapefruit tree in the garden that gets watered twice a week and they're already starting to make some nice blooms so I thought I'd share. I don't know about you, but I can't stop planting seeds even during Blast Furnace season, so it's fun to have things like these zinnias, and portulaca, and vincas that pop right up from seed even in summer and grow and bloom quickly.

I did a mix of colors so each bloom is a surprise. The bees and butterflies love them as much as I do.

In any case, I just thought I'd share. I hope you'll take a look and enjoy. If you're growing zinnias too, let us see/hear about them, and if you have something that you love planting outside in summer from seed, let us hear about that too.

Orange zinnia

{{gwi:414176}}

Take care and happy gardening,

Grant

ps: direct link to the zinnia pic is below in case anyone has trouble viewing the embedded pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Orange zinnia in the garden

Comments (5)