SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
growhappy

I'm a sucker!!!!!

GrowHappy
17 years ago

You all saw me post on the "Which Plants Hate You" thread that Calatheas hate me. I've had such rotten luck with them(2) that I gave up on them last summer. I was sticking to my guns until I wandered into the conservatory today. Sitting there was one of the most beautiful, and common, Calatheas I've ever seen. 'Makoyana' or commonly known as Cathedral Windows. $5 for a 6-8 inch pot. She's sitting in my LR now.:) Well, if that weren't enough, I mosied on down to Watsons(local greenhouse) and saw the most stunning group of Calatheas! They plotted against me, for sure. They were planning this coup for quite some time. I must have walked by that section 3-4 times, eyeing the pretty green one up. She kept saying, "You've never seen anything like me. Go on, pick me up. Have a closer look. Suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!" LOL I was able to resist buying another. I told myself, "Nah, just see how you do with the $5 one you just bought!" Besides, I am saving my money for a major San shopfest at Grigsby Cactus(thanks Ooojen!)

Just thought I would confess that I was sucker punched by the Calatheas today. LOL

GH

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH