SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

The Tour Continues...

jodik_gw
15 years ago

Thank you for allowing me to show off my ever-changing gardens in lieu of bulbs... while I really enjoy viewing hippeastrum photos, I also love seeing the gardens and other greenery that everyone grows! I hope you feel the same way!

Two short days ago, we experienced turbulent thunder storms with very high winds... many of the garden plants were bent over so far, I thought they'd have little chance of recovery! But yesterday's garden tour showed how resilient Nature is... these photos were taken Sunday morning...

Some of these bulb flowers didn't recover from the high winds, but others look as if nothing ever happened...

"Big Bird" Daylily is truly big!

The Digitalis is mellowing to a lovely peach color...

Look at the size of these blooms!

And the Delphiniums are opening!

Perennial Glads make an appearance...

They have the look of little hot pink hippi blooms!

The Sweet William sports more than one color on a single stem... amazing!

Any day, the Gaillardia will burst into bloom...

"Knockout" ground cover Roses are opening!

And a purple Clematis sets the backdrop for all the other blooms in the changing bulb bed...

St. Francis, the patron saint of animals, stands guard over the gardens, welcoming the birds and watching over all...

The very first Lily opens in brilliant orange!

Even more brilliant is the orange of an Oriental Poppy!

Sweet William in red, growing in another bed...

Heuchera "Palace Purple" forms large clumps under a Mock Orange bush...

And Siberian Iris is fully budded, getting ready to show off its lovely blue flowers!

This bi-color Creeping Phlox just won't quit!

A tiny red Dainthus bloom peeks out from under large clumps of Cerastium, or "Snow in Summer"...

The purple/blue of Sage competes with another purple Sage variety...

And the purple and yellow of this Columbine take on a faded look as the blooms age...

Another Clematis opens its lovely flowers as it winds its way up the fence...

Across the road, pink and red Peony bushes droop under the weight of their blooms...

The following photos are views of various garden beds...

The Bulb Bed...

The North Bed...

Looking East...

The South Bed...

Looking West...

The West Bed...

The Rose Garden...

Another View...

From the Other Direction...

And finally, the Fuji Apple Tree that stands guard over the Rose Garden...

I thank you, once again, for joining me on a continuing tour of my ever-changing gardens! I am constantly in awe of the changes that occur within the space of just a day or two! Every day, I notice something new and different... whether it's a perennial opening its first blooms, or one that matures subtly as time passes... the journey from Spring through Summer promises to be one of pure wonder and delight!

Join me next time, won't you, for a new look at what's blooming in the gardens... and what, pray tell, is blooming in yours?

Wishing you all comfortably warm weather filled with sunshine and the beauty of Nature!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions