SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coligion

Grubs eating plants

Coligion
12 years ago

New to the forum, but been an avid reader. I've gone through many articles and posts online regarding grub control, but was hoping for some more specific advice. I've had a huge grub problem in the front and back of my yards. I can dig them up beneath cactus, shrubs, trees, etc. They are devastating, and eat my plants roots until death. I have tried to take precautions to rid myself of their destruction, but would like to know what else I can do to stop the invasion?

So far, here is what I have done this year to treat my plants:

-Applied Bayer Season Long liquid grub treatment (Imidachlroprid) in early May

-Applied Spectracide liquid Triazicide in mid June

-Lastly, I applied Bayer 24 hour Grub Killer (Dylox) at the start of July

As you can see, I have tried quite a few remedies to stop the destruction. However, I came across two grubs just the other day after finding a recently planted Agave struggling.

Other than Milky Spore and Nematodes, is there any other chemical I should try? So far I am not sure what good I have done with the aforementioned products.

Lastly, most of these grub killers are marketed towards lawn use. Most do not mention applications with plants. I was curious if any of these products would damage my plants when applied? Thanks for the help.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County