SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rpost78

Help! Grubs eating zucchini from the inside!

rpost78
10 years ago

Hello,

I'm trying to identify and safely exterminate grubs from my zucchini plants. It started off a week ago in my yellow squash. I couldn't figure out why all of my other plants were doing so good, but my yellow squash was not growing any. I noticed some chunky yellow stuff at the base of one of the stems. I started picking at it to see what it was and out popped a big fat grub! I pulled it out and got rid of it, but when I started messing with my squash plant again another one came out. These grubs are eating right up through the middle of the stems!

Today, while I was watering my garden I noticed the same exact yellow crumbles at the base of both of my zucchini plants! After closer examination I noticed the same hollowed out stems on both plants! I was not able to find a grub this time, but I didn't want to pick too much because these plants are still looking good. I fear they won't last though if I can't get rid of these grubs!!

Can someone give me some answers please?! What are these things and how do I get rid of them without damaging my plants, or poisoning my family?

Comments (18)