SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

She shoots.....She SCORES!!!

I was at a friend's house late this afternoon, and I hadn't been out there for probably 5+ years. As soon as I drove up I notices HUGE clumps of amaryllis planted around his propane tank that were ready to bloom. Being a "country" gentleman, he poured me a beer and we walked around his acreage, where I noticed clumps of these bulbs apparently growing wild! WELL.....I just had to have some! I sweet talked him into digging up a big clump of 6-7 bulbs and we laid them in a plastic bag and transported them to the back seat of my vehicle. Even though it's nearly 10:30 at night, I have carefully planted them in some native soil. There are plenty of scapes and these blooms should open in the next couple of days! They are amazing. Red with white stripes...not H. Johnsonii (I don't think), but I will rely on an expert to ID!

This was the most amazing April Fool's day!!! AMAZING!! Something big has happened since I found out about my brother...it's like I've been released!!! The butterfly has emerged...watch out world!

:-)

Kristi

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions