SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poaky1

NUMBER 2- Most successful try @ Live oak_poaky

poaky1
10 years ago

I took a walk around my yard today to check on my trees. We haven't had any mentionable cold yet, well, tonight starts a (nearly) week of some 20's and teens at night. But I looked at them before it got too cold yet. We had a couple high 20's and 30's a couple times before, but not too bad. I have my original 2 from spring 2012, that look totally untouched by anything yet. And 3 new ones are ok so far, but 2 look bad. One is in a damp area and looks green but the top leaves look like stretched out rubber, twisted, so that one may not work out. The other 2 were yellow leaved on arrival a couple months ago, but the leaves will be gone soon anyway. Today, the tops were browsed, and half the whip is gone, so spring will have to come to let me know about those 2. I had protected them, if not more than the tops would be gone. I will try to wait for a decent amount of time for an update now. I wanted to get a new column/ thread started anyway, maybe Joe or someone wants to mention their live oaks before I mention mine again.

Comments (85)