SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

Please post Beautiful Cemetery info, Photos and Links

Marie Tulin
13 years ago

Is anyone else out there who has visited exceptional cemeteries? Or who has photos of beautifully planted ones?

A very recent post about an Ohio cemetery reminded me of a recent visit to Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge MA. It was one of the first "garden cemeteries" in the United States.

There are beautiful specimen trees, plantings and vistas. I don't remember which Omstead designed it, but the gentle rolling hills and views are all man made.

I did a memorial service there for an person who was an atheist. Before she died she went to Mt. Auburn to pick out a plot, and was just delighted to find one on the hill overlooking the pond. Perhaps, despite her better judgment, she thought there was a chance she might get to enjoy the view after her death. Maybe she was hedging her bets. But for sure, anyone visiting her gravesite would enjoy being there. Actually, a rather nice legacy to leave for people who love you.

http://www.mountauburn.org

I'm sorry I've forgotten how to post a link, and i'm a bit too tired to figure it out.

I'd love to see what you have!

idabean

Comments (3)