SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiffy_z5_6_can

Variegated offsprings. pics

tiffy_z5_6_can
15 years ago

Three or four years ago I wsed some Heliopsis Lorraine Sunshine. Here's a picture of the main plant or as we say in French, 'la piece de resistance!'.

{{gwi:240891}}

Some of the seeds did not come true, so I got Heliopsis Summer Sun which I truly like as well, and here it is today.

{{gwi:240892}}

The Lorraine decided to reseed a bit last year and I got two offsprings from it. This is one of them - not sure if the other came back as I'm still looking for it. (Turned the pic, but it didn't take, so kink your neck folks!)

{{gwi:240893}}

Now this year, the Summer Suns (there three or four plants around that tree trunk) reseeded like crazy. I decided to take some out as I like this plant quite a lot and might make a hedge out of a bunch. Now remember, these have no variegation in them, but in the first photo you'll see some variegation in the front seedling and in the back seedling, and there's another with white markings in the second photo. Not bad, eh?

{{gwi:240894}}

{{gwi:240895}}

I think next year if I see seedlings I'm going to let them go a bit longer - at least to the second true leaf stage - to see what will come of them. You have no idea how many of these were turned into the soil!!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz