SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoe_hoe_hoe

Can bamboo walk on water too?

hoe_hoe_hoe
18 years ago

Ok. I was recently surprised to hear that a paved road was not necessarily a bonifide bamboo barrier...

So, can it cross a creek, also? The one on my next property will be at least 10 ft of water across, more with frequent rain. I can't imagine any bamboo making that leap, but I don't want any surprises as most of the land on the opposite side will not be mine.

And does it make a difference the type of bamboo?

Although I think I'm getting P. Aureosulcata 'Harbin' with my order, after 3 or 4 exchanges with the nursery today I finally just suggested that they include Incense bamboo (the only thing I could think of strangely) if they happened to discover they were out. The other 23 plants in my order were verified to be in stock and the 24th shipped free so I feeling pretty loose. But, anyhoo.... I know incense bamboo has special moisture tolerance properties, but it can't actually spread under a foot or more of water, I'm thinking?.....

I plan to do a lot of rhizome pruning at my new place, but trees along the creek bed could complicate that.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County