SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

Hello, Spring! - A Pictorial Tour

jodik_gw
15 years ago

Hello, Spring! You've finally arrived, after a long and cold winter... and I'm so glad to see your beautiful colors!

My winter patience is now paying dividends... and I'd like to share some of them. Please join me on an early spring tour of my gardens! First stop, my jungle... where I was lucky enough to receive this gift yesterday from a dear friend... though the tag has no specific name, it's a lovely lavender Phal orchid! Thank you, Greta! It shows off the raspberry Garden Amaryllis as more of a red, but don't they look good together?

{{gwi:392315}}

The purple shades are lovely!

{{gwi:392316}}

The orchid almost looks pink in the morning light...

{{gwi:392317}}

I can't get the color right with the camera, but it's a nice flower regardless of the color shade!

{{gwi:392318}}

And now, we head outside... where the real action is! Mother Nature is busy donning her early spring attire... including these tiny yellow miniature Daffodils...

{{gwi:392319}}

Winter Aconites, small and yellow...

{{gwi:392320}}

Beautiful blue Scilla...

{{gwi:392321}}

Purple and White Crocus...

{{gwi:392322}}

A group of Yellow Crocus...

{{gwi:392323}}

This beauty was found growing by itself, a new one that I don't recall planting...

{{gwi:392324}}

Red Species Tulips are up and running!

{{gwi:392325}}

And these little Dutch Iris cuties...

{{gwi:392326}}

Gorgeous up close...

{{gwi:392327}}

Bulbs are popping up everywhere, getting ready to color the gardens with their bright palate! These will be giant purple Allium!

{{gwi:392328}}

And soon to be Daffodils!

{{gwi:392329}}

Cindee, this one's for you! The Lilacs are budding with lots of potential!

{{gwi:392330}}

And this one's for Kitty... that Pink Columbine has broken dormancy, and is growing nicely!

{{gwi:392331}}

Back inside, Pink Impression is still going strong...

{{gwi:392332}}

And here's Queen of Hearts, with the Agapanthus to the left...

{{gwi:392333}}

This concludes today's tour... thank you so much for joining me! I've really enjoyed your company, and I hope you'll come back as the gardens evolve and change, and new blooms appear in the jungle, as well. It's still early spring here in the Midwest, and there's lots more beauty to behold as the season advances!

Thanks again for coming along, and Happy Gardening!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions