SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberoctober

Please help me with cats claw ivy!

AmberOctober
10 years ago

Please help me make a decision. I have been browsing this forum reading endlessly about vines and it occurred to me that I made a mistake!
My initial aim was to cover the fence to make it more private. I bought lots of different ivy plants (mostly English ivy). I like it but it does not grow fast, besides, those parts that did take off are growing horizontally :) I am willing to wait. I know it will probably not survive the summer though. Kind of experiment on my side.
Our neighbor planted lots of cat's claw ivy in her garden and covered all garden walls with it. I was stupid to get three plants and plant it in my garden without doing a research. It was about four weeks ago.
But the more I read about it being invasive and taking over everything on the way, the scarer I get. It would not be a problem trimming it every day or so, but I have a lemon tree two feet away from it and I am afraid CC will do something to its roots. Besides, it sounds like lady banks roses would have been a better choice...
Anyway, long story short. Here is the photo of the corner of my garden with three CC plants, lemon tree and some ivy struggling in between.
Do you think I should get rid of CC? Or is it too late? Should I plant lady banks roses instead, if it possible to eliminate CC?
Thanks for your time!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES