SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tn_jed

trees in 5 gallon buckets

tn_jed
15 years ago

hello, I am looking into getting a membership with the arbor day foundation and for (I think) 10 dollars or so they send you 10 trees, well i know where i want them but they are really small when they send em to you about 1 foot, which is no problem but since there is 10 i don't think i wanna plant them until they get a little bigger. I want to drill drain holes all over the bottom of some 5 gallon buckets and plant them in buckets for awhile till they grow up a bit so ther a lil bigger when i plant them so i don't run em down with the brush hog and it gives me plenty of time to prepare the planting holes. i was thinking i could grow em in those til they get like 4-5 feet or until they outgrow the buckets i am just not sure if this is possible ive never done it before ife planted bare root 1 foot trees in the ground but never in a bucket, I'm wondering how long it would take the roots to fill the bucket and would i need to put them in a warm area when the temperature goes down to 20 for a few weeks??? anyone ever done this with like dogwoods and similar trees i will get a list of the trees cause i know they all grow diffrnt

Comments (11)