SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Do you think lavender is really this color? Some1 failed w/their

aliska12000
15 years ago

Can't find the thread where someone was disappointed theirs didn't grow. Maybe it is not too late to order and plant this kind.

At the link are the last seeds I sowed a week or 2 ago. Yesterday I thought they were moldy (salad container), but today I see some are sprouting, no sign of mold, must be losing it. I got them from Burpee last year, and they say it blooms the first year, but I may have sowed them too late for that, said to start indoors.

BTW when the instructions say to cover seeds, I've been using vermiculite. The upside is you can tell when you've got it about right. The downside is you can't tell as easily if it is getting too dry.

I only ws'ed some of my seeds, didn't want to risk them all so held all my salvia and some others for spring which has worked for me in containers B4 I ever started reading this forum and the technique.

The photo Burpee has up it looks a pretty blue which I'm going for all around the beds because I love it, will have some real lavenders and purples, too. Maybe it is my monitor or their photo, but sometimes I'm disappointed when things I order don't turn out to look exactly like what was pictured. If it's more purple, that is ok, if it grows, I'll plant it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lavender Lady - Burpee Seeds

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH