SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tomatofreak

My wonderful vet died

tomatofreak
18 years ago

This is too sad for words. Here's the abbreviated obituary:

"Dr. John Sowers, of Phoenix, was taken from us early and unexpected

ly at age 35. He was a large, loving presence in our lives, his passions ignited by his beloved wife, Maria, daughter Boa, 4, another child on the way, and his devotion to his work. Dr. Sowers was one of a hand

ful of board-certified veterinary dentists in the world, with a vibrant practice in northeast Phoenix. He was a Diplomat of the prestigious American Veterinary Dental College and a Fellow of the Academy of Veterinary Dentistry, both devoted to the oral and dental health of animals. He helped train many other veterinarians, and was on a credentialing committee for aspiring veterinary dentists. John was an avid skier and snow boarder, and was never happier than skiing with his family or filling his home with family and friends, the barbecue working overtime in the backyard. His death has left a large hole in the world of veterinary medicine and in his family's heart. His greatest gift at the end was his wish to be an organ donor, and he often encouraged others to make that choice. In lieu of flowers or other honorariums, a donation to the Dr. John Sowers Fund for Animal Dentistry at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine would honor our beloved John. Donations can be made in care of Dr. Bill Gengler, University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine, 2015 Linden Dr., Madison WI 53706-1102. ..... Services are 10 a.m., Friday (Oct.7) at Shadow Mountain Mortuary, 2350 E. Greenway Road, Phoenix Services in care of Shadow Mountain Mortuary.

Published in The Arizona Republic on 10/7/2005."

John Sowers was my cat's primary vet. I doubt that I will ever find another one like him. He was brilliant without a touch of arrogance, always took so much time with us, was so open-minded, and willing to try anything to help Boris. I have a regular vet who sees Boris, but I need someone like John who specializes in treating cats with oral conditions like stomatitis. I have cried and cried, but I have to come to grips with the fact that I won't be seeing this great guy again and Boris still needs someone in his corner. Do you have any recommendations?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH